BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• BBKA Forum Software

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #3612  by NigelP
 16 Jun 2019, 19:32
Is crap. Whoever got this stuff needs putting out to grass.
I know I have a new notification as 1 by bell symbol....but no idea what it is....Previous been able to read PM' etc but not today. There was no 1 this morning....
Jazz...if you sent me a PM I can't read it.
If anyone else did I can't read it either.

Why they didn't run with industry standard of vBulletin I don't know. Used by the BBC for their forums etc etc.
 #3613  by Japey Edge
 16 Jun 2019, 20:55
Oh I've just sent you a PM before reading this. Let me know if you saw it, if not I'll copy it here
 #3622  by Adam Bee
 17 Jun 2019, 00:16
While I’m not angry at the forum software, I’ve used better. But then again, it may be limited to reduce admin time and attention.
 #3623  by MickBBKA
 17 Jun 2019, 02:14
Its rubbish, about 10 years out of date and the most obstructive forum to post pictures on ever. Its why I rarely visit. BBKA need to catch up with the 21st Century in so many areas.

Cheers, Mick.
 #3666  by Alfred
 19 Jun 2019, 06:53
I've. noticed websites such as Tesco and Toolstation have changed their sites for the worse
I suspect there the renewal was put to tender and the paperclip counters went for the cheapest rather than be held to ransom for a few extra lines of code.
Ford and Black and Decker to name but two tried the cheap route back in the 90s and had a battle to recover as a result.