BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Hello..

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #6305  by Steve 1972
 09 Apr 2020, 20:37
Just thought I would add some info regarding me..
I am a 5yr beginner and still learning..I have no mentors as such but have read the print of many books and hammered youtube and the internet for the past few years..
I have had my up's and down's but it is leveling out for now..a fellow member on here helped me out a few years ago ..Nigel and I have never looked back since..
I hope my posts from personal experiences can help someone in some way..I am no master beekeeper but I do learn from mistakes which I can share in the hope it helps someone..
Steve.
 #6308  by Chrisbarlow
 10 Apr 2020, 00:21
Welcome. I'm sure your input is just as valid as everyone else's.
 #6309  by AdamD
 10 Apr 2020, 08:34
I think we are all beginners as bees have been looking after themselves for a lot longer than we have been messing with them. And there are always opportunities to learn and bees will always throw a curved-ball at us now and again.
For me, my Dad kept bees for 3 years when I was a child, unfortunately they got AFB and had to be destroyed. I picked up the craft myself many years later; it was quite amazing to realize how much information I had learned as a lad - it came back very quickly once I started with bees in my own right.