BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• BBKA News

• Environmental issues and concerns that affect beekeeping.
Environmental issues and concerns that affect beekeeping.
 #1430  by BuntyBees
 26 Nov 2018, 22:29
It’s good to see that there is an BBKA executive proposition at the BBKA ADM in Jan 2019, to discuss wrapping the BBKA News magazine in a recyclable wrapper, before posting. It’s a very good move and overdue, in my opinion. However it would be even more environmentally friendly and cost reducing to make the magazine available online. Are there plans to do this and give Members an option to select receiving a hard copy or read online?
 #1431  by NigelP
 27 Nov 2018, 10:26
On-line issues are available from the BBKA web site for members in pdf (I think) format.
 #1432  by DianeBees
 27 Nov 2018, 14:24
Did they used to be sent out via branches? I'm sure I've read something about that somewhere.

Before my time maybe. Thing is my County and Divisional newsletters are both e-magazines and I think we are all getting used to them.

I like the paper copies but print and postage are a significant overhead not to mention handling. The number of Beeks without computers must be a fraction of what it was a decade ago and are that many read more than once?

It’s a great magazine and I always enjoy it.
 #1434  by Ightenhillbees
 27 Nov 2018, 16:56
As far as I can tell, you can read the BBKA News online, but you cannot print its contents.

PDF versions used to be available on the old BBKA website, but are not available any more.

David :|
 #1435  by Patrick
 27 Nov 2018, 17:17
Holy mackerel how did that happen? Sorry Diane I was supposed to be using a quote from you and somehow edited your post with my reply.

Sincere apologies, no idea how I did that. Perhaps I should stick to printed stuff as well. :D
 #1436  by DianeBees
 29 Nov 2018, 15:09
Patrick wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 17:17
Holy mackerel how did that happen? Sorry Diane I was supposed to be using a quote from you and somehow edited your post with my reply.

Sincere apologies, no idea how I did that. Perhaps I should stick to printed stuff as well. :D
S'ok!
I can see what you were aiming for!