BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Tier 4 Covid

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #9709  by Steve 1972
 02 Jan 2021, 16:17
I have three jobs to do at different times of the year..Scaffolding being my main one followed by Mole control and then Lambing from the 1st of April for six week's..i worked right through the last lockdown and i will work through any more of this Bull chit.. :roll:
 #9710  by NigelP
 02 Jan 2021, 17:44
Patrick wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 14:19

Going to sort out my bees is probably the lowest risk activity I can think of and does much good for mental health to boot. I am still going a bit dippy lala but I know I am hardly alone in that.. 🤪
Fishing....but can't get near the rivers at moment as all in flood....can't really sort through bees in this weather. Although I have a couple of hives with see through crown boards and an insulated one above so a quick day time peek gets me my "bee fix". Both are fully active and little sign of clustering (advantage of poly? ).

Alas have lost friends and relatives to covid
Talking to one undertaker he had "hosted" a funeral earlier on where the attendees refused to observe any social distancing or masks. He Buried three of them later that month.
 #9711  by Alfred
 02 Jan 2021, 19:10
Chrisbarlow wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 14:31

The race is on now I suspect ... Vaccine or lock down
The interviewee was a virologist,and she was suggesting a matter of weeks for the lockdown as opposed to months for vaccine.
Her point was that its (lockdown) inevitable so lets just get on with it.

Should coincide nicely with the forecasted Beast from the East 2 :(
 #9712  by MickBBKA
 03 Jan 2021, 03:06
Thanks for the replies folk. I have worked all the way through since original lockdown. Being a mechanic, beekeeper and having my allotment has saved me from going mad. Certain towns around me just haven't give a dam no matter what tier we are in and the local stats prove it.

All hives have poly carb CB so I can see what's going on and all look ok so far. Almost no clustering here either and I have given up with poly as there is no obvious advantage overall in my location. Winter is never an issue here, its the freezing cold spring. Cleaned the decks of my yacht with OA the other week and not too much to see come off.

I have taken up Kayak sea fishing Nigel now to fill in the spare moments I have nothing to do and its amazing, almost as cheap as beekeeping... :o

Cheers, Mick.
 #9714  by Alfred
 03 Jan 2021, 08:34
I sent the Lear Jet full of servants out to the Seychelles to OA my yacht
They did it three times and I'm pretty sure all but a few of the little barnacles have fallen off.
 #9715  by Steve 1972
 03 Jan 2021, 12:54
Alfred wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 08:34
I sent the Lear Jet full of servants out to the Seychelles to OA my yacht
They did it three times and I'm pretty sure all but a few of the little barnacles have fallen off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #9717  by Chrisbarlow
 03 Jan 2021, 21:47
Alfred wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 19:10
Should coincide nicely with the forecasted Beast from the East 2 :(
Hang on tiger, what beast from the east 2 ? Is there? News to me
 #9718  by Alfred
 04 Jan 2021, 08:04
Beast 2
Jetstream has been disrupted and it will allow artic temps down over UK mid January.
Or so they say.
 #9720  by AdamD
 04 Jan 2021, 09:02
The 'beast' looks mainly to affect Scotland and the North according to the tv weather I saw yesterday. (Mick, it's your turn again to get some cold wind from the sea!).
 #9721  by NigelP
 04 Jan 2021, 18:48
MickBBKA wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 03:06
I have taken up Kayak sea fishing Nigel now to fill in the spare moments I have nothing to do and its amazing, almost as cheap as beekeeping... :o

Cheers, Mick.
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Considered it a while back.... but the expense and distances to c0ast for me make it non viable whilst I have access to some excellent trout and Barbel fishing all within 10 miles.
Plus have portabote with outboard :)