BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Fencing veil/Round hat

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #9313  by Patrick
 22 Oct 2020, 09:46
Foot-juice? Now that does sound unpleasant... :lol:

I ended up with the sweaty hand equivalent when using washing up gloves. Not quite so bad with nitriles apparently.

Thanks for the baseball cap idea, will give it a try. I already use a sweatband to stop my glasses getting dripped on when I bend over, maybe the baseball cap will perform the same function. Maybe with a ventilated suit I will be so cool anyway I won’t need it??
 #9319  by Beefens30
 22 Oct 2020, 21:16
Now have fencing type as found round veil hit the headrest in the car. Now also have white Dunlope wellies as the heat was too much this year. Made a big difference.
 #9320  by Steve 1972
 22 Oct 2020, 21:22
Ian123 wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 22:46
Sheriff suit’s and fencing type hoods every time. Built to last and good service....Ian
You can't beat the oz Armour gear when working in summer..a pair of duds round your ass and that is it..
 #9321  by NigelP
 23 Oct 2020, 08:40
Patrick wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 09:46

I ended up with the sweaty hand equivalent when using washing up gloves. Not quite so bad with nitriles apparently.
It is just as bad with nitriles Patrick, rivers pour out of them after a long hot inspection.
Wouldn't be without my Ozarmour suit these days (or equivalent ventilated models). When it's hot the difference it makes, compared to a conventional suit is amazing. As Steve suggests you can practically bee keep in the altogether with only the suit protecting your modesty....ooooer missus.
In hot weather, you will still perspire whatever suit you have on, so Like Patrick I find a head band essential.
 #9406  by Alfred
 02 Nov 2020, 17:50
Full fencing suit for anything other than topping up feeders,then cowboy hat/ veil for that job.
I wanted the hat for ground maintenance in front of the hives but the bees detest it( brown suede bear??)
Within minutes they are hammering it like a hailstorm but I get no problems fully suited.
 #9408  by AdamD
 02 Nov 2020, 19:23
Beefens30 wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:16
Now also have white Dunlope wellies as the heat was too much this year. Made a big difference.
I had wondered about getting white wellies - maybe that's on the christmas list - if it's not cancelled!