By accessing “BBKA Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “BBKA Forum”, “https://www.bbkaforum.co.uk”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms & conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “BBKA Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “BBKA Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
What the site expects of contributors:
• To avoid disagreements and disputes
• To have one account only
• They do not post anything that:
- Brings the BBKA or its staff into disrepute, Breaches confidentiality, data protection or copyright, Offends or insults, Encourages, supports or promotes illegal activity, Uses or encourages derogatory comments, Uses the BBKA’s brand or visual identity in a damaging way
• Contributors are expected to be polite and respectful towards all forum users including the Forum Moderators and BBKA employees.
• That any claimed "facts" are backed up by science/direct experience
• An understanding that this is an adult group so is moderated at that level.
• The views expressed in this group are those of the individuals who post them and do not represent an “official” BBKA stance unless expressly stated.
• All views are welcome, but courtesy is key: avoid the use of derogatory language at all times. The site represents all levels of experience and has a growing group with thousands of members.
• Contributors should take every opportunity to educate the general public about honeybees, beekeeping and pollinators, understanding that Beekeeping is an exceptionally complex subject.
The site moderators will:
• Review, post and respond to comments in a timely manner.
• Welcome constructive criticism.
• Read all comments posted.
• Moderate (delete) negative views without positive suggestions.
• Block users who violate the rules as set out.
• Have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing this Code of Conduct.
• Act in a professional manner when engaging with users online. We will direct any individual discussions offline using a non-public communication route.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “BBKA Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “BBKA Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “BBKA Forum” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.